FTP - File Transfer Protocol
Update on April 23, 2021
FTP is the acronym for file transfer protocol and this service is used to transfer files between a computer (computer) and the provider's server, to carry out this the user downloads an FTP client which is a desktop application with a graphical interface in which access credentials are entered and once the user is logged in, the user can start uploading, creating, modifying or deleting files or folders. In the next article, we will see some of the best FTP clients.
Some companies use the FTP service to share files with each other or with business partners, and web developers or people with a web hosting plan use it to upload their websites and files.
The advantages of using FTP are as follows:
- Make a quick connection to the server.
- It is ideal for uploading many or few files.
- It is cross-platform, it works on any operating system.
- Allows you to upload and download files bi-directionally.
- Supports encrypted connections with SSL certificates
- It is not necessary to know commands since the applications are graphic.
- No technical knowledge is required to use it